Wanted: People interested in being part of a barter/trade/share
community based economy.
Offering: A barter/trade/share economy.
I don't know how this site is going to work, or even who all will be involved (and to what degree). Ideally any limitations will be determined and chosen by the people involved. I'm putting this out there/ in here as a starting point, preparing the fields so to speak for something wonderful to grow.
Interested? Send me a message and I'll sign you up as a member so you can start posting your best/worst barter-worthy intentions. Feel free to play around with the colour settings, gadgets etc. And if you love the idea but hate the name, why not make a poll for other suggestions?
best wishes,
Leeshia
Leeshia and friends,
ReplyDeleteFor your thought-energies toward a genuinely lived and loved day-to-day experience, thankyou. For our shared recognition of the little tasks and trades, so simple, and yet each a message of how we wish to interact with our surrounding bodies and beings, I am grateful.
This afternoon, with it's rains of March, I slipped out of Times New Roman Font screens and into the kitchen of songs and granola baking with Liz. I haven't much in the bank, but singing and stirring oaty-crunch trays, and packaging up a few as 'squirrel snack' gifts, well, it's a glowingly theraputic process, in a way that even injecting money can't be--this planting, watering, patient growing, and snipping off a plant cutting to share.
But 'share' doesn't encapsulate the genuine energy invested to add fuel, warmth, helpfulness, exercise, creative juices, and a sense of community to another's experience.
Bartering is for me, a supportive means to merge the practical with the thoughtful in my day.
Connecting interests of genuine energy is not so much recruiting as it is tuning into the needs of ourselves and the people who call out not in currency, but in a language of lived intentions.
This is the initial 'tuning' stage, of setting our dials, test-listening and test-broadcasting. It is as Leeshia called it, an experimental gift. Enjoy.