Hello All. I don't know any of you except for Jana but after reading all of your thoughts and ideas and getting a sense of where you're coming from I feel like gathering you all up, taking a trip up somewhere middle distance Ontario, buying some land and settling in with you all!!! It's great to see folks thinking along the same lines I didn't know too many people thought along... music to my ears!
I would love to be a part of this thought/action experiment in barter and community. I think all of your ideas are great. Right off the bat, I need some pants mended and Karen I believe said she could barter for her mending skills. And what can I offer all you people? Off the top of my head I can go jogging with you, help you in your garden, share life drawing skills, share yoga experience, offer my music collection for perusal, paint your house (that's my day job, although I'm moving away from that), show you how to use a knife in the kitchen, play music with you (including beginners lessons on the didgeridoo if you like), and a bunch more things I'm sure that just don't come to mind right now.
Dumpster diving sounds like fun simply as an activity (I used to do that years ago with friends) but I don't really want any more 'things' although the company and adventure would be neat.
A yoga sharing evening would be fun. I'd be happy to lead a routine or two if anyone's interested.
And soon my garden might need some helping hands... although I generally like to garden alone... we'll see.
Anyway, great to 'meet' you all! Great work Jana and keep on posting!
James.
oh, just another thought. 1. I don't think using facebook as a source to post our ideas is that great... facebook 'owns' all material posted on it and frankly, I don't trust facebook at all... just my opinion.
Sunday, March 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.