Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Logistics Trailmix

Evening Folks,

Firstly, thanks for making explicit, Leeshia, what your wants for the barter/trade/ share community economy. I too envisioned equal membership, but I can't pinpoint exactly what genuine involved direct democracy means beyond that. Can you elaborate? Also, if there are other ideas on involvement and administration, it would be great to hear them!

Secondly, if we do decide to go this route, Leeshia is right, make this space work for you, invite friends that might be ideal barter buddies and then click on customize and permissions to make them administrators who can likewise add to the barter potential.

The way we have it set up right now, Amanda (mender) can't click on James'(in need of mending) profile and know how to contact him individually. They would have to go to the permissions section to look for their email address. Ideas? Ok, I just added a list and I guess one option is to list our emails directly on the site.

Amanda, I have access to a bike trailer if we need from meals on wheels, but I have to know ahead of time. PS. If anyone is interested in doing volunteer bike deliveries around bloor west for meals on wheels, let me know, and I'll send you some info.

Cory, if you are reading this, I suckered you into a 'take my dog out for a walk' barter on Thursday, you just don't know that you are bartering, or what you are bartering for... is there such thing as surprise bartering?? I hope so, it's kinda fun!

I had a laugh at the 'monetize' option on blogger, where you can ad advertising to your blog.

That's all for now, well, almost, I have one small request. As we start bartering, swap, sharing and gifting, let's hear a few stories of the exchanges to help us collectively introduce bartering and the like as practical day-to-day interactions.

Jana

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.